Sunday, June 03, 2012

////

Spending Time Wisely


Ask me for whatever you please, except time; that is the only thing which is beyond my power.” - Napoleon Bonaparte
Have you thought how do you really spend your time? How did you spend your time? Wisely? Carelessly? Because I didn’t know that I spend mine so unwisely until I draw the graph below:
My Daily Routine 
My day start at 3:30 pm, waking up and getting ready to work:  
2 hours (3:30 pm-5:30pm)
  • 30 minutes eat
  • 30 minutes shower
  • 1 hour includes: all those rituals after shower and choosing clothes to wear (na para bang madaming pagpipilian)
 14 hours (5:30pm-7:30am)
  • 3 hours travel (total time from house->work->house)
  • 11 hours stayed at work
  • (I go to work earlier than my shift because 1. To avoid road and elevator traffic 2. To check and read emails 3. To read processing updates 4.to update my blog and 5. To have enough time to rest from a stressful long hours of travel. Ayoko ng sakto lang at process time na. Process agad? Di ba pwedeng huminga muna?!)
2.5 hours (7:30am-10am)
  • 30 minutes breakfast (matagal ako kumain dahil in-enjoy ang background music)
  • 2 hours, it varies everyday it could be-
  1. Writing a blog entry
  2. Rest before going to sleep
  3. Watching movie/read a book
  4. Chismis with my mom
  5. Playtime with my nieces
5.5hours (10am-3:30pm)
  • Sleeping
I know I should spend it more wisely… So much of my time was wasted because I allow it to be. I am, honestly worst in time management.
Successful people surely know how to manage their time, maybe that also the main reason why they are successful in their chosen path in the first place.
Some successful people swear that they have the “to-do list.” Others find it more productive to be flexible in the way they attack each day. We should decide to use our time more productively. And it shouldn’t start and ends there; we should be committed to this goal.
And remember time waits no one, even if you’re a princess!
Especially that Open enrollment, (my project’s term for peak season) is just around the corner.
Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for …- Carl Sandburg


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment