I went to my former classmate’s baby Christening a week ago, and I don’t know anyone in the party aside from my classmate. I've met few ladies there, and since we don’t know each other, we’re simply saying this and that, but when KPOP/Korean wave talk was opened, my goodness it really brakes the barriers!!
The small talk turned into meaningful-hilarious-hallyu-kpopish-talk!! And strangers became friends …
It’s simply amazing how Korean wave/Hallyu fever bond us regardless of race, class, background, gender, sexuality, and age.
Here's the 10 strangers to friends tips from Charlyn Shaw1. Greet everyone with a SMILE :)
2. If you have a question; ASK someone! You never know where the conversation will lead.
3. When MEETING someone, repeat their name; it makes a great first impression.
4. Practice makes Perfect! The more you introduce yourself, the more COMFORTABLE you’ll feel!
5. Build TRUST– it’s the Foundation of Friendship.
6. YOU have a gift to offer. Believe in yourself.
7. Become a good LISTENER. You will learn so much about your “Stranger”
8. Common Interests = CONNECTION. Surround yourself with Strangers that SHARE the same Passion.
9. Remember, EVERY person you know was at one point a Stranger. Strangers aren't Scary.
And Most Importantly….
10 HAVE FUN. Meeting new people opens you up to new worlds.