I had a funny and interesting conversation with my bff about this prevalent annoying Facebook posts and we identified those kinds of braggarts and schmoozers, and news flash: some if not all, hit home, I was knock out nth times. I'm one of them!
To give you an idea, here’s our list - I hope I’ll not be 'Unfriend-ed' after posting this:
· The foodie - 'eating this mouth watering cuffcake @ cool cafe'
· The Bragger - 'meet Cinnamon!’ Or ‘my new gadgets!!’
· The Counter - '10 days to go...'
· The Great Lover - with perfect love life "I'm in a great relationship" brag
· Reporter - who post Literal Status Update: - 'My dog is barking right now'
· Drama Queen – ‘Falling in love with blah blah…*crying emoticon*’
· Preacher – ‘Equality for all…blah blah..’
· Storyteller - 'Me: Miss may long Gypsy skirt kayo?. Miss: blah blah..’
· Oscar Award winner - ' Thank you to all my friends ...I love you all~ '
· Goody two shoes - 'pls share and pray for blah blah...'
· Cliffhanger - 'This could be a biggggggggg day because....(just an endless dots)'
· The awkward moment when …..
· Narcissist - Picture of me every single day
According to studies (what studies?you made this up again, right?)these qualities of annoying statuses are normal human qualities -- everyone needs to brag to someone here and there, everyone has moments of weakness when they need attention or feel lonely, and everyone has some downright ugly or nice qualities that are gonna come out at one time or another.
That's why insufferable Facebook status never fade away -- and there's no dislike button or eye-roll button or f*ck you button. Just the LIKE - positive button.
I don't complain about what my friends post, I let them express whatever freedom of speech they want. That's the whole idea of this site.
I'm never going to tell anyone - that I want them to use their Facebook the way I want them to. Big NO.
If anyone I am "friends" with or a certain Page on Facebook bombards me with things I find annoying, I just change the settings so they don't appear on my news feed anymore. They can still send me messages and I can still visit their page if I'm ever curious what they've been up to. No need to "un-friend" anyone and I can manage the content I see.
And if anyone doesn't like to see pictures of my face/dog/books/etc or my exploits in life, I'd be happy to know that they changed their setting to keep my bothersome content off their page. :)
Inked with Love and Passion,