Thursday, December 05, 2013

////

That's My Girl

The Modern Girl by painter and manga artist Ono Saseo
I really love manga with strong, cool and clever female lead. One that stands up for herself and emotionally strong (but physically would be a plus). I love all sorts of female characters who exhibit great resilience and courage. Like what I've written on  Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Heroines of shoujo manga or any genre that meet my own definition of strength are few and far between. Here's my requirements i.e criteria of a Heroine.
  • Witty and intelligent but dense in Love 
  • Love is not no.1 on her list
  • tears are rarely shed,
  • strong willed
  • fighter (mentally and physically)
  • have a funny side
  • knows who she is
  • And most important of all, have a pure heart

I dislike ditzy, blushing 'Oh my God I think I like him but does he like me?' sort of girls who are so weak, pathetic and always have to have the male lead to protect them. Typical heroines are just *shudder*. I want a girl who doesn't blush and cry in a drop of a hat and her destiny isn't to find 'true love' or her 'prince' or anything else. I'd like comedy and romance, I don't mind either shoujo or shounen. As long it defines my ideal women. 

 The ones I've read and liked:

  • Skip Beat (Oh my God SO funny! No. 1 on my list and my all time favorite!)
  • Tokyo Crazy Paradise (full action and cuteness!)
  • Midnight Secretary (so erotic!)
  • Basara (so romantic!)    
  • Chicago  (cliff hanger)
  • Kodocha (unexpected!)
  • Beast Master(wish I also have a beast partner)
  • Otokomae Beads Club (love the pervert male lead :p)
  • Beauty Pop (Kiri's attitude is unbeatable)
  • Dengeki Daisy(great, original story and love the art)
  • Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume (Uru is so cute! This manga got me laughing so much)
  • Love so Life (love this manga but its so slow with updating!)
  • Kaichou wa maid-sama! (typical plot but funny )
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts (heart warming)
  • Kitchen princess (made me gained weight because of those mouth watering cakes and pastries!)
  • Watashi ni xx Shinasai ( interesting)
  • Penguin Revolution (confusing but cute)
  • Crash! (have I read this one? haha ..interesting)
  • Pika Ichi (really cool)
  • Horomiya (New but its good so far)
  • Koi Dano Ai Dano and the prequel (loved and kissed it)
  • Oresama Teacher (reason I love teachers, with all due respect! :P)
  • OHSHC (funny and cool)
  • Gakuen Alice (amusing read, and Natsumi is mine)
  • Please Save My Earth (never thought that science fiction could be this good)
  • and the list goes on..

I guess you also have read few manga like these..please feel free to share below! 

Inked with Love and Passion,
SimplyPrincess
12062013

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment