Sunday, December 22, 2013

////

Equality for All


Many people were shocked when I told them that I changed from meat lover to no-meat eater.  I don't eat meat anymore. Some people believed, some were not and some even laughed! Haha-I also laughed with the idea but yes, I don't eat any kind of meat including sea foods but I don't consider myself Vegan because I'm still struggling to cut my dairy intake. I already cut out dairy!! Yey! My definition of "Vegan" is someone who doesn't eat or even use any kind of products made or taken from animals. I am still head over heels into dairy products I hope I can stop it. Wish me luck.  Not anymore, coz as I've said  my food now is dairy free!

I stopped eating meat last May 15, 2013. Here's my reason: Equality.

We fight for equality, we fight against:


Racism
Racists violate the principle of equality by giving greater weight to the interests of members of their own race when there is a clash between their interests and the interests of those of another race.


Sexism
Sexists violate the principle of equality by favoring the interests of their own sex.

When we will fight against Speciesism?

Speciesism
Speciesists allow the interests of their own species to override the greater interests of members of other species.

Speciesists think that he is greater and important than any other species.

EQUALITY FOR ALL LIVING CREATURES
The demand for human equality rests on the equal capacity of all human beings to suffer and to enjoy well being. If this is the basis of the demand for equality, then this demand must include all beings, all species, which have an equal capacity to suffer and enjoy well being.
 We don’t know that animals are emotionally like humans in many ways.
 Research has also shown that animals are happier and less anxious if they are with friends.

Animals want to live.
They want to live even more than they want to avoid pain, in most cases. A stray dog will walk the streets at nights, looking through trash cans for a few scraps to keep it alive.

Even as its ribs stand out through manging fur and as it limps from a broken limb, it will cling to life. You can beat it and starve it and ravage it with disease, but it will struggle on.  I realized with a terrible shudder that the suffering of animals was important.

Human have so many different beliefs:
•              It's natural to eat meat.
•              Human have a special status in the world.
•              Animals are made for human kind to eat.
•              Law of nature (survival of the fittest)
•              Some think that God declare it.
  
From top right to left: Roasted Beef, Roasted Chicken, Roasted pork chop and roasted fish
 I don't want to make anyone feel bad. I don't think anyone can make another person's moral decisions for them, and don't judge those who arrive at different conclusions than I did.
I don't think non Christian or non Catholic is necessarily stupid or immoral for following his religion, any more than I think a meat-eater is necessarily immoral for eating meat. I found my answers, but that's exactly what they are: my answers. Mine alone.

What I want to do is to encourage you to think about your own answers. If you think you've looked into the reasoning and philosophy enough, then so be it.
That's all I want. Now can you answer this?  




0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment