Sunday, August 25, 2013

////

Tokyo Crazy Paradise

I'm a huge fan of this mangaka (manga writer) - Nakamura, Yoshiki . I like Nakamura-sensei since Skip Beat (though I've seen the Skip Beat anime version first then the manga). At first, I didn't realize that Tokyo Crazy Paradise (or TCP) was her work.  Ah, my special talent of distinguishing someone's work by his style is surely failing me these days. Maybe because of taking that medicine or by not having enough sleep.

Anyway, I honestly admit that after getting the whole copy of this series, it took me awhile reading it. Maybe because of the art seems dated and too many panels in one page (it's hard for  me to read small letters).
 

So one boring afternoon, I read it then - oh my Gawhd!!
THISSTORYISSOGOODANDAWESOMEANDIHAVETHISONMYEREADERANDIREADIT
ALLTHETIMEANDEVERYTIMEITSSOAMAZZING!



Plot Summary (from Manga Traders)


It's the year 2020 AD, and Tokyo II is a city infested with crime. Women can no longer go out in the streets alone without being victimized. Not wanting their daughter to suffer the same fate, Tsukasa Kozuki's cop parents raise her as a boy. When they are suddenly killed by one of the yakuza's in-fights, Tsukasa is left orphaned on the streets along with her three brothers. With no other options, she goes to the only person she can think of for help: pokerface Ryuji Shirogami, her classmate for 8 years and also the leader of the powerful yakuza group, Kuryugumi. Ryuji, whose father was also a victim of the same yakuza fight, agrees to take her in as his personal bodyguard. As they set out to find their enemy, Ryuji slaps an increasing amount of debt onto Tsukasa, using all manner of ploys to keep the reluctant Tsukasa by his side.

Tsukasa, the heroine is a fighter, she always get into trouble and injured here whether intentionally or accidentally. Heroines of shoujo manga or any genre that meet my own definition of strength are few and far between. Here's my requirements i.e criteria of a Heroine.

  • Witty and intelligent but dense in Love 
  • Love is not no.1 on her list
  • tears are rarely shed,
  • strong willed
  • fighter (mentally and physically)
  • have a pure good heart
  • And most important of all, have a funny side
I like Nakamura-sensei works because her heroines meet all of my criteria. In this series comedy isn’t one of the main aspects but it surprise me that it still made me laugh. This is not a typical gender bender story too. And don’t let Tsukasa’s boyish image fool you, whenever she is dressed in woman clothes even with or without wig she is a totally smoking hot babe.

 cross dressing Tsukasa

 Ryuji, the hero, is a pushy pervert that tries to sneak in on Tsukasa when dressing or when sleeping. Ryuji's antics here is the comic relief and refreshing change of pace in an action driven manga. 


  Both Tsukasa and Ryuji here are diamonds in the corrupt disgusting rough city of Tokyo.

This series is darker and has more exciting action than any shoujo-shounen manga I’ve EVER read! I love shoujo, winning every obstacles and fighting for love is very touching and moving. But on the other hand I also love shounen, the fight scene are thrilling! Tokyo Crazy Paradise is far worth while and successful combination of love and action.  I recommend this series to fans of shoujo and shounen! YOU WILL HAVE AN EXCITING RIDE OF THE MOST UNIQUE MANGA SERIES EVER! <-- UNDERLINED, BOLDED, IN ITALICS, CAPPED AND COLORED.

Inked with Love and Passion,

SimplyPrincess
08262013

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment